Roasting marshmallows on an open fire…
Does that not just make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Doesn’t it just bring you back to warm summer nights sitting by the bonfire with some sticks and marshmallows.
Oh yea…that was like last week.
Yup, last week, I roasted marshmallows over an open fire. But not just any marshmallows.
The best marshmallows you will ever have on an open fire.
Homemade marshmallows (not necessary, but oh so wickedly good)
Large store bought marshmallows
A bag of small chocolates (like Snickers Bites, Rolos, mini Reeses Peanut Butter cups)
Wooden or metal skewers
A small bottle of Baileys liqueur
1. Get all of your stuff together. If you have a 2 tiered basket (and you’re using 2 kinds of marshmallows), put the homemade ones at the bottom.
2. Take the store bought ones and make a slit in the top of each one with a sharp paring knife; tuck in a chocolate and skewer the marshmallow and chocolate so it doesn’t fall out.
3. Place these in the top tier of the basket along with a small bowl and the bottle of Baileys.
4. When you are ready to roast, dip the marshmallow of your choice into the Baileys and roast to brown.
5. Take a big bite…right into the centre of the oozing goodness (this one had a chocolate piece that had crunchy bits in it….wow, was it ever good!!)
Total awesomeness in one (or two) bites!