It’s the week after Labour Day…
The leaves are changing colour…
Peach season is soon going to be a distant memory…
We all drank and ate too much this summer so it’s time to get healthy…
6 cups diced peaches (I even left the skin on!)
1 c raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
pinch of salt
1 cup gluten free flour blend
1/4 cup almond meal
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg, beaten
4 tablespoons milk
coarse sugar for decoration (optional)
**this is a simple variation of my peach cobbler
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place all of the filling ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour blend, almond flour, sugar baking powder and salt.
4. Add cubed butter and mix in with your hands (or a pastry blender).
…it should look like this.
5. In a small bowl, mix egg and milk; pour into flour mixture and combine with your hands (very gently – don’t over-mix or the biscuit will not be tender).
6. In individual ramekins (or you can put it in a large baking dish), equally distribute the fruit mixture among about 6-8 (depending on the size).
7. Place a scoop of the biscuit mixture on the top of each fruit filled ramekin (or scatter spoonfuls on the top of the baking dish) and sprinkle with sanding sugar if using (it’s optional but it gives it a nice crunch!!)
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden (a large baking dish takes about 30-40 minutes).
Take them out…smell how awesome the house smells!
I could say cool them, but, who’s kidding who…I know you’re not gonna wait.
Give yourself a scoop of frozen yogurt and dig right in.
Now, don’t ya feel better already??