So, do you have any little ones that are a bit grossed out by Valentine’s? I mean what does a 6 year old boy find awesome about smooching?
Why not take the mush out of Valentines and make some of these Valentine’s monsters? You can make them in less than 15 minutes and you’ll get giggles (instead of eye rolls) when you hand over these cute little monsters.
Lickety split…it takes no time to whip these up!!
Use pre-bought rice crispy squares if you’re short on time (because, if you have time, home made is always better!!)
Decorate with candied eyes and other candies…
And, of course, all monsters need hair…pink for girls, brown for boys!
Use craft sticks and you have yourself the fastest rice crispy “cakepop” ever!!
- 12 rice crispy squares (or you can make your own)
- 1 c white chocolate melts
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Red or pink food colouring *
- Candy eyes (and other small candies for decorating)
- Craft sticks
- Cut each square into a heart shape (using a cookie cutter is easiest)
- In a small bowl, pour oil over chocolate and melt (in the microwave [takes about a minute] or in a double boiler).
- Add a few drops of food colouring to chocolate and stir (I likes to make this a bit more purple to make the monsters look more "monstery"!!)
- Dip each heart shape into the chocolate and place on parchment.
- Decorate to make the monsters the way you would like...go crazy!!
- Push the craft sticks into the bottom of each heart and wrap in cellophane.