Yup, t’is the season for all things festive.
Hold on to your hats because I am going to be posting a lot of simple ways to get your holiday game on.
Starting with this easy Christmas tree…2 ingredients (4 if you count flour for dusting and the egg for the wash)…
How easy you say? Well, just cut your dough into two equal pieces and roll out into a rectangle…then cut off sides to make a triangle.
Do it again with the second piece…
Slather one of the pieces with Nutella…
Cover with the other triangle and make slits along edges like so…
Pull and twist each piece (and also cut out some cute shapes with leftover dough if you fancy)…
Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar…
Bake for 15 minutes and Bob’s your uncle…or Santa’s your man…whatevs…
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted overnight
- 1/2 c nutella (you can also use cookie butter or any kind of nut butter)
- 1/3 c flour for dusting
- 1 egg beaten
- course sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat mat..
- Cut you pastry in half.
- Roll out into a rectangle and cut into a triangular shape – keeping scraps for later; do the same with the second piece.
- Slather one piece with the Nutella, ensuring you go all the way to the ends; top with second piece.
- As shown in picture above, cut into the sides of the triangles to the middle of the tree; place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Twist each side piece and press down into the cookie sheet; continue until all pieces are twisted.
- Cut small shapes (I like stars) with the scraps and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar; bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.