I’ve been thinking about writing a blog post with easy dishes you can have in your back pocket so you too can host an epic holiday dinner that your peeps will swoon over…
Yes, I’ve been thinking about it…for, literally, years. Then one of my friends reminded me that I dropped the ball. So, today is the day…I’m finally getting ‘er done! A few weeks back, I showed you how to throw together Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes and today I’m sharing this quick treat!! The next few weeks will be all about easing you into the holidays. I’m hosting both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (and I’m Italian which means I need to figure out how much food I need to make and then multiply it by 6!). So, if I’m actually trying to decrease my own stress by planning better over the next few weeks, why not share it with you, right??
So, fast forward to this post. An epic dessert that (almost) everyone loves and, with this hack, you can literally have it in the oven in 10 minutes.
The best part of this easy creme caramel is that I am making the most of my trusted Vitamix E310 Explorian Series blender. I have had my Vitamix for 10 years and it has a permanent spot on my counter top. It is used at least once a day….once a day for 10 years! For this recipe and all of the other holiday treats I’ll be whipping up in my Vitamix, I love how it cuts prep time in half. That way, I can spend less time fussing in the kitchen and more time connecting with my party guests, family, and friends.
That’s a LOT of blending! And it just keeps on ticking!!
For this recipe, it can’t get any easier! Everything goes into your Vitamix…
Then pour the mixture into your prepared ramekins (the pour spout makes it super easy!!)
Then fill the roasting pan with hot water…
These can stay in the fridge for days and be plated right before your guests eyes!
10 Minute Creme Caramel
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 300 ml water (you can just use the can from the condensed milk)
- 3 clementines, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 and coat 8 small ramekins with cooking spray; also find a large roasting pan that will fit your ramekins and set aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp of corn syrup into each ramekin.
- Place eggs and egg yolks into your Vitamix and blend at speed 4 until combined (about 1 minute).
- Pour the condensed milk into the egg mixture and blend again.
- Fill the can to the rim with warm water, using a spatula to get all of the remaining milk off the sides of the can; remove the clear top piece from the blender and pour in the hot water while the Vitamix is blending on low speed.
- Add the grated clementine and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins and place in the roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan with warm water until the water reaches about 1/2 way up the sides.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes (or until the centre isn't jiggly anymore).
- Remove from oven and cool for about 1/2 hour; refrigerate for a few hours or up to 4 days.
- When ready, run a sharp knife around the edge and flip over onto a plate, making sure you get all of the caramel out of the ramekin.
- Serve with berries.