It’s the day before the day you are probably gonna start a diet or something crazy like that…
So, I just wanted to say…eat something that is so mouthwateringly scrumptious and eat it with reckless abandon.
Like these bacon wrapped, sour cream and caramelized onion dolloped pierogies.
It’s an easy mid-afternoon snack – especially easy if you use store bought pierogies (please find a good quality one!!).
But, they’re even better if you use homemade. I have never made homemade pierogies but, hoooollllyyy, are they ever worth the effort!!
Either way, do it today.
‘Cause Jan 1st is just around the corner!!
- 20 pierogies (homemade or good quality store bought)
- 1 package bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sour cream
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Heat oven to 375; line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside
- Cut your bacon strips in half; set aside
- Salt your water to taste and boil the pierogies (mine took about 6-7 minutes)
- While they are cooking, slice your onion thinly and fry in a pan with the olive oil until golden; set aside
- When they are soft, drain and place on a paper towel
- Wrap each pierogi with half a slice of bacon tucking the ends under so they don’t unravel while they are cooking
- Bake until the bacon is crisped to your desired “doneness: (I like mine crispy!)
- Remove from oven, blot on a paper towel and place on a serving platter
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and a teaspoon of caramelized onion
- Serve immediately!!