One more sleep to the strangest Christmas ever!!!
Just when we thought Christmas 2020 couldn’t get any more weird, here we are at the end of 2021 in the same boat.
Side note: last year, I bought a cute Christmas mask with a teeny Santa on the bottom corner and I really liked it – it was super comfy! Once Christmas had passed, I was able to peel off the Santa because I thought, “I really like this mask and it’s not like I’m going to be wearing a mask a year from now”
Regardless, here we are celebrating yet another holiday in semi-isolation.
It’s going to be okay…trust me.
It just means we will have to scale back a bit – maybe I need to write a blog post about ‘100 Ways to Use Leftover Turkey’ 😉
But, let’s just start with dessert.
This is an easy one. You just need a box of Ritz crackers, some peanut butter, a few Rolo’s and some chocolate.
It’s seriously so easy…just sandwich the Rolo chocolates and peanut butter together…
…squish together the melted filling…
Dip the sandwiches into melted chocolate
…let the chocolate harden…
And, once the chocolate has set, you can sprinkle them with holiday delights and you have yourself a fabulous (and easy) treat!!
Maybe you want to do a few porch drop-offs (I mean, who wouldn’t love you more after receiving some of these??)
Thank you all, as always, for following along! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!!
And, if you’d like to pin this for later, here you go:
Ritz Rolo Cookies
- 30 Ritz Crackers
- 15 regular-sized Rolos or 60 mini Rolos
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate you can use chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with 15 Ritz Crackers and top each cracker with one regular-sized Rolo or 4 mini Rolos.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until soft but not melted.
- While the chocolates are softening, spread peanut butter on the remaining 15 crackers.
- When the Ritz chocolate-topped crackers are ready, remove from the oven and immediately top with another peanut butter cracker, gently pushing down to spread the chocolate and caramel.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes or until the caramel has hardened.
- In a microwave (or a double boiler), melt semi sweet chocolate until smooth and dip Ritz 'sandwiches' into the chocolate until fully coated and place on a piece of parchment. Top with sprinkles if using.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for 3-5 days).