This gluten free peach and raspberry cobbler is a perfect summertime treat that makes the most of all the glorious fruit! It’s healthy and a summertime favourite. Add this to your next gathering menu…
It’s the week after Labour Day…
The leaves are changing colour…
Peach season is soon going to be a distant memory…
We all drank and ate too much this summer so it’s time to get healthy…
How about you? Did y’all overindulge? 😉
Whether you did or didn’t, I think this dish should be on your rotation because peach cobbler is ALWAYS a treat in my eyes!!
Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty…
This is what you’ll need:
- some local peaches – free stone (the ones that come off the stone easy) are the best.
- raspberries (same as above)
- brown sugar or your favourite peach jam
- gluten free flour *you can use the brand of your choice (or you can use my mix)
- almond flour
- cold butter
- an egg
- milk (or nut milk)
- if you want to make this individual, you’ll need some oven proof ramekins
Once you have everything ready, you can fill your ramekins with some of the fruit filling… and dollop the top of each ramekin with some of the dough mixture.
Once they’ve been baked off, they will be golden brown and ready to eat!!
These individual desert cups can be changed up in so many ways:
- change the fruit for the filling
- add a different sweetener (if honey is preferable, use that in place of brown sugar)
- use regular flour instead of gluten free
- Make this into a large 9 x 13″ pan
- Make this ahead and freeze it – then pop it into the oven when you’re ready to serve it!
When they are all baked, take them out…smell how awesome the house smells!
I could say cool them, but, who’s kidding who…I know you’re not gonna wait.
Give yourself a scoop of frozen yogurt and dig right in.
Now, don’t ya feel better already??
Gluten Free Peach and Raspberry Cobbler
- 6 cups diced peaches (you can even leave the skin on)
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or you can sub in an equal amount of peach jam
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter cut into pieces
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- coarse sugar for decoration optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together flour blend, almond flour, sugar baking powder and salt.
- Add cubed butter and mix in with your hands (or a pastry blender).
- In a small bowl, mix egg and milk; pour into flour mixture and combine with your hands (very gently – don’t over-mix or the biscuit will not be tender).
- In individual ramekins (or you can put it in a large baking dish), equally distribute the fruit mixture among about 8-10 (depending on the size).
- Place a scoop of the biscuit mixture on the top of each fruit filled ramekin (or scatter spoonfuls on the top of the baking dish) and sprinkle with sanding sugar if using (it’s optional but it gives it a nice crunch!!)
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the biscuits are golden (a large baking dish takes about 45-50 minutes).