Yes I know it’s summer and I know y’all are expecting a healthy garden salad or some serious barbecue but, you know me…always veering from the norm! 😉 .
You know I will not disappoint you. I’m here for all the treats but I have also been testing some healthier goodies so you can all eat a few more ribs and still have dessert without skipping a beat!!
To be fair, I didn’t really post this as a diet dessert. I’ve been testing desserts lately that have non-inflammatory ingredients because I have been recently diagnosed with osteoarthritis and I want to “have my cake and eat it too”!!
This Guilt Free Chocolate Brownie Cake is sooooo delicious! I’ve made it a few times and changed it up until I finally got it right. It checks off all the right boxes…gluten free (thanks to the almond flour), refined sugar free (thanks to the honey), high in protein (thanks to the eggs) and super moist and full of fibre thanks to the grated carrots and apples! See, all the right boxes!!
The trick to this dessert is the grated carrots and apple! But you can change it up if you like.
How Can We Change Up This Guilt Free Chocolate Brownie Cake?
Grated Vegetable: the recipe calls for carrot but you can sub in zucchini or even beets (or a combo of the three).
Grated Fruit: you can sub in grated pear for the apple.
Bring this dessert to your next gathering and you will have your friends asking, “what kind of magic is this?”
And when you tell them how easy this is, this will be the number one request for you to bring to ALL the parties…oh ya baby!
Guilt Free Chocolate Brownie Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups nut butter*
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated apple or you can just use an additional cup of shredded zucchini/carrot
- 2 cups shredded carrots you can sub in zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the eggs and mix until well beaten. Add in the nut butter and honey and mix again.
- Add the almond flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix to combine
- Pour the batter evenly into a 9x13" pan. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut squares and serve! Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge or freeze in a freezer safe container