Every year at Easter, our treats always revolve around chocolate!
And that’s great because we all need some joy in our lives, right??
Well, this year, I decided to make my chocolate treats a bit more healthy. I started off by using my black bean brownie bites (below) and tried to sprinkle them with a bit of Easter cuteness!!
I made these chocolate pots for an event about 8 years ago and and thought they needed a place on the blog! You can use any brownie mix (or even a cake mix for that matter) if you don’t want to make them healthy!!
You can see that the pots are first lined with paper liners – it makes getting the brownie bite out that much easier!
And while they’re baking make your ‘carrots’ by dipping strawberries into orange chocolate melts and then adding a drizzle to mimic the look of a real carrot!
When the brownies are baked and cooled, spread some Nutella onto each one..
Then sprinkle with some of the Oreo crumbs..
Top with your prepped ‘carrots’…
And if you’re using chocolate rocks, place a few around the edge of the pot!
Seriously though…how cute are these? I added mine to some Easter baskets that went out to some deserving kids. And they’ll never know that they’re healthy 😉
What are you baking up this Easter??
Healthy Spring “Pots of Carrots” Brownies
- 12 small terra cotta pots ((you can find these at a garden centre or a dollar store))
- 12 paper muffin liners
- 1 19 oz/540 mL can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted ((you can use melted butter)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanillapinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup orange chocolate melts melted ((you can use melted white chocoalte with orange food colouring))
- 1 cup chocolate oreo crumbs (you can also pulverisze oreos in a food processor to make crumbs)
- 1 cup chocolate rocks (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare you terra cotta pots by placing the paper liners into the terra cotta pots, pushing down until they are secure; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the beans and process until broken down a bit. Add melted coconut oil/butter and process again.
- Add the sugar and process again; scrape down sides. Add eggs and vanilla and process again. Add chocolate chips and nuts and process one last time.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the pots and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While the pots are baking, prepare the strawberries by dipping them into the melted orange chocolate and then, with a fork, drizzle more chocolate over with a fork (to make the ‘line’ on a carrot); place on parchment paper to harden and set aside.
- When the pots are done, let them cool for about 15 minutes and then spread some Nutella on the top of each brownie pot; next sprinkle with the crumbs, add some chocolate rocks if using around the edge and then place on strawberry on top of each pot.