Are you guys looking for a quick (and healthy – yayy!) dinner idea?? Well, look no further than this Orange Cashew Honey Chicken! I made it on a whim and posted it to tiktok (but used “eyeball measurements”) and everyone was asking for the recipe.
So, here we go!!!
What Are You Going To Need For Orange Cashew Honey Chicken?
- orange juice
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- soy sauce
It’s a pretty straightforward recipe and I bet you have some of these ingredients already!!
This recipe came together pretty quickly one night when I had a few things in the fridge that I needed to get rid of. But, as I was cooking, I realized I had made a dish like this before! It was a take on a Sweet and Spicy Chicken dish that I had in the US when I was travelling! It was super delicious…but a little bit different than this dish! And, this recipe for cashew chicken from Pinch of Yum is always in the back of my mind when I think of cashew chicken!!
How Can You Change This Recipe for Orange Cashew Honey Chicken:
- You can use shredded rotisserie chicken in place of raw chicken (just don’t cook it)
- You can change out the orange juice – I love pineapple juice!!
- You can add other veggies instead of serving them on the side.
- You can make a sauce with the ingredients (minus the cashews) and baste a whole chicken with it!
- You can use other nuts (or omit them all together!).
Let’s make this together!! Tell me how yours’ turns out!!!
Orange Cashew Honey Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 5 ounces each
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped salted cashews
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- This first step is optional but, if you have time, marinate the chicken by combining 1/2 cup orange juice, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, seal bag and refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight.
- If you are doing this step, when you are ready to begin cooking, drain chicken and discard marinade (if you aren't marinating, simply cut chicken into bite-sized chunks).
- In a skillet, heat oil until hot and then add the chicken bites and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the remaining orange juice and scrape the bottom of the skillet to get all the residual bits off the bottom. Add in the honey, parsley, garlic and stir into skillet.
- Bring the liquid to boil and return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Sprinkle with cashews and serve with a side of starch and some additional veggies!