You are going to want to make this Roasted Chicken and Brie Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa soon – especially since it’s easy peasy since you can even use a store bought rotisserie chicken. You gotta get on this!!Jump to Recipe
I once took a painting course. I thought I would be good at painting.
I’m creative in the kitchen, so of course I would be creative on a canvas.
I learned something about painting…it’s harder than it looks.
I learned something about me…I’m not very patient.
My painting was supposed to be a painting of a bunch of asparagus. I was using a black and white photograph of asparagus that I liked as a guide for my painting. I think that was my first mistake.
Anyhoo, long story short, I got to the stage where a bunch of asparagus look like a bunch of hyacinth flowers. I had no idea how this was going to eventually look like asparagus. Soooo, this is how it has stayed….for 2 1/2 years.
I might go back to it and finish it…maybe one day.
But you know what came out of that day? Awesome quesedillas.
I know – weird, right?
Odette, my friend who hosted the painting party, served these great quesadillas. I never asked her for the recipe but I remember that the flavours were exceptional! If I were asked to recreate them, this would be my best guess.
A few good things happened that day. I learned that I am not a patient painter. I learned that I will always respect people who are paid to be creative at the drop of a hat. I learned that brie/chicken/cilantro/mango is a superb food combination. Aand, I learned that painting on a friend’s porch on a beautiful summer day with yummy nibbles and lots of wine is a pretty darn good way to spend the afternoon!
So there it is. Now imagine eating this on a breezy porch, on a summer day, with a bunch of friends, a glass of wine and a paint brush in your hand…
Okay, we’ve been through this already…forget the paint brush. I think this is a two-fister so embrace your inner child, sit cross-legged in the grass and munch away! I hope I made Odette proud!!
What We’ll Need To Make These Roasted Chicken and Brie Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa:
- roast chicken
- red onion
Special Notes About This Recipe:
- you can use any kid of cooked chicken you like (rotisserie is the easiest)
- you can serve the mango salsa with the warm (cooked) quesadilla or add it to the chicken and mango filling and cook it together.
- lime is best but you can use lemon in a pinch.
- any herb will do but, if I have it, my favourite is cilantro (and if you think it tastes like soap, here is an article to tell you why!!)
- if you love these and want more recipes like this, you really need to try my grilled eggplant and asiago quesadilla – the recipe is here!!
- once the quesadillas are made up, you can cook them all or cook a few and then freeze the rest for another time! If you do decide to freeze the prepared quesadillas, just make sure you’ve wrapped them in plastic wrap and place them all in a freezer bag before placing them into the freezer (microwave slightly before cooking)
Now people, you know you got this, right?? With a few simple ingredients, you have these Roasted Chicken and Brie Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa which is a great snack or dinner idea ( serve this with a big salad and your family will be happy!!).
Delicious Roasted Chicken and Brie Quesadillas with Fresh Mango Salsa
- 1 package small flour tortillas (you can use the large ones for bigger portions)
- 1 medium wheel of brie
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 mangoes, cubed/diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (can use basil or parsley)
- 1 lemon or lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Guacamole homemade or store bought, optional
- Sour cream optional
- In a small bowl, combine cubed mangoes, red onion, cilantro, oil and lime juice/zest.
- Stir the mango salsa to combine and set aside.
- Get out your tortillas and lay them flat.
- Slice your brie (about 1/2" thick slices)and lay them on the bottom of half of the tortillas (you'll need the other 5 for lids!)
- Place a generous amount of shredded chicken on top of each brie-topped tortilla and top with another tortilla; continue until all tortillas are used
- In a large pan (I like to use my cast iron pan but if you're using a stainless steel pan, you can add a touch of oil), brown and flip over doing the same on the other side (you can also use a panini press or even a waffle iron!!); cut into 4's to serve.
- Serve with a scoop of the mango salsa. If using, you can also add cold sour cream and a spoonful of guacamole (and why wouldn't you?!).