Hey you flavour adventurer! If you’re on the hunt for a treat that perfectly captures the essence of summer, look no further than this irresistible Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Loaf. Bursting with tangy lemon, juicy blackberries, and the surprising goodness of zucchini, this loaf is a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing. But wait, there’s more! I know that everyone has their unique dietary preferences and storage concerns, so I’m also dishing out some fantastic alternatives and clever storage ideas to keep the goodness fresh.Jump to Recipe
The Main Attraction: Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Loaf Prepare to be amazed by how these seemingly these fresh (and super seasonal) ingredients come together to create a harmonious masterpiece!! The zucchini adds so much moisture to the loaf, while the lemon zest and blackberries give some vibrant bursts of flavor that cut through the sweetness. Here’s how you can whip up this culinary delight:
Delicious Alternatives: Whether you’re looking to make this loaf a bit healthier or want to accommodate certain dietary restrictions, there are plenty of alternatives you can explore:
- Gluten-Free Option: Substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make this loaf gluten-free while retaining its flavors.
- Healthier Sweeteners: If you’re concerned that your sugar intake will spike your glucose, consider using coconut sugar. Keep in mind that the texture and sweetness might vary slightly.
- Vegan Twist: To make this loaf vegan, replace the eggs with flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water per egg). Also, swap the dairy-based yogurt with a non-dairy alternative.
- Switch Up The Berries: If you don’t have blackberries, you can always replace them with blueberries, raspberries or even chopped strawberries!!
- Make One Big Loaf: You can place all of batter into an 8×8″ baking dish…it will bake taller though.
- How About A Donut? If you have a donut pan (check this one out), you can make this into donuts! When making the batter, don’t add the blueberries and then pipe the batter into the donut pan and place the blueberries on top of each donut.
- And We’ll Never Say No to a Muffin: Just like the donuts, you can bake this in a regular (or mini) muffin tin. Bake for 15-19 minutes (should make about 14-15 muffins).
What You’ll Need to Make This Lemon Backberry Zucchini Loaf:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- lemon juice and zest
Keeping the Goodness Fresh: As tempting as it is to devour the entire loaf in one sitting, it’s essential to store any leftovers properly to ensure they stay moist and delicious:
- Room Temperature: If you plan to consume the loaf within 1-2 days, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container and store it at room temperature. The flavors tend to meld and intensify, making it even more delectable.
- Refrigeration: If you need the loaf to last a bit longer, store it in the refrigerator. Wrap it securely to prevent it from drying out. Before serving, you can zap individual slices in the microwave for a few seconds to restore their freshness.
- Freezing: To enjoy the taste of summer all year round, freeze individual slices or the entire loaf. Wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. When you’re ready to indulge, let the slices thaw at room temperature or gently warm them in the oven.
There you have it, my friends—a Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Loaf that’s a true testament to the marvels of culinary genius ;). With its refreshing combination of flavors and the flexibility to cater to various dietary needs (check out the tips above), this loaf is the ultimate treat for any occasion. Whether you’re savoring a slice with your morning coffee or surprising guests with a tasty dessert, this recipe is sure to bring smiles and contented sighs.
So, tie on that apron, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to jump on a baking adventure that’s as rewarding as it is delicious. Your taste buds and your loved ones will thank you for taking them on this delightful journey through the tastes of summer!
More Delicious Loaves That are Similar to This Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Loaf:
- Easy Cream Cheese Filled Moist Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Orange Yogurt Loaf
- Moist Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- The World’s Best Banana Bread
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake with Caramelized Bananas
Lemon Blackberry Zucchini Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup mild oil canola, vegetable or even coconut oil
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 5-x-9-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a hand mixer, then add oil and sugar and mix until well. Add lemon juice, yogurt, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined; wring out zucchini to remove moisture. Slow down the mixer and add the zucchini into batter and mix gently.
- Pour batter equally into the prepared loaf pans and press the blackberries into each loaf pan (dividing them equally between the two – you should have about 8-10 berries in each pan) and bake for 50–60 minutes or until golden on top.
- To make the glaze, stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Spoon over the bread while still warm. Let the glaze set for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.